Cabana Sisters Bread Bakery
Cabana Sisters Bread Bakery was established in 2002 by the General Council under the leadership of Sr. M. Lawrence Namata the former Mother General. It was spearheaded by the late Sr. Maria Gerald Mbaaga Nabaterega the then Treasurer General together with Sr. Rita Namayanja the Assistant treasurer who was on the ground to monitor the process of establishing the Bakery with the necessary requirements.
- It was started with the following primary objectives
- To support the General Treasury to meet the needs and requirements of the Students
- Provide Bread to the Old and Sick Sisters in the Institute of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix.
- To provide practical ground to our students from Ulrika Institute of Home Economics.
- To provide employment to the orphans, school dropouts and youth in the locality.
Cabana Sisters Bread Bakery is situated along Kampala – Entebbe International Airport highway, 12 miles from Kampala the capital, opposite Kawuku trading center, behind the Mother House of the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogonya.
At present the project is under the Management of the four (4) Sisters appointed by the General Council namely:
- Sr. Maria Immaculate Nabatanzi – General Manager
- Sr. Maria Justine Grace Nantongo – Finance and Marketing Manager
- Sr. Maria Josephine Namuddu – Production Manager
- Sr. Maria Coltida Nambirige – Packing and stores manager
The above sisters are supported by twenty (20) support staff both men and women.
We thank the four groups who have sustained the bakery.
Market for Cabana Bread:
Cabana Sisters Bakery supplies Bread to Schools around Entebbe and Kampala like St.Mary’s College Kisubi, St.Theresa Girls Primary school,Kisubi minor Seminary and Gaba National Major Seminary among others. Other customers include hotels, supermarkets, Institutions, retail shops and individual customers in Entebbe and Kampala. Currently there are two vehicles transporting bread to the above named places and one outlet at the bakery and in Kawuku trading center.
Due to the improved quality of the Bread, the number of customers has really increased so much that we cannot meet their demand. For Example in the months of July and August 2013 Kampala route customers have increased from 73 to 87 that is the increase rate is 19% and Entebbe route had increased from 120 to 180 customers.
- For the good of the Institute and the project, we recommend for injection of more capital of at least about Ushs. 50,000,000/=for 1 year.
- Side income to support this project.
- To install a stand by generator or solar system for lights, slicing and mixing in absence of power
- Renovation of the bakery.
- Second firewood oven.
- Installation of CCT Camera, in the whole Bakery networked in the two vans.
- Buy new machines the existing ones are old i.e. Mixers
- Introduction of new products
- Land for growing food.
- Construction of a new building composed of:
- Multi-purpose hall
- Sisters’ convent
- Construction of workers’ houses
- Plant a forest for firewood
- Purchase of Generator
Cabana Sisters Bread
P.O Box 1 Kisubi-Entebbe
PREPARED By: Sr. Maria Goretti Nambalirwa