St. Yoanna Maria Muzeeyi Buyoga Health Centre III is a private Non-profit health facility. It has an estimated population of people with 5 (five) civil parishes and 51 villages. It was established in 1974 by the catholic Diocese of Masaka found in the central province of the Ugandan Dioceses.
Masaka Diocese can be traced going to the west of Uganda approximately eighty miles (80) from the Capital of Uganda which is Kampala. Buyoga health center is close to twenty (20) miles from the Diocese and therefore about 100 miles from the Capital. The center is located in Buyoga parish, Bukomansimbi district, Kibinge sub-county in Masaka diocese.
Objectives for founding the health center
- To bring health services nearer to the rural population in Buyoga and save them from walking long distances to Masaka town (20 kilometres) where many health facilities are.
- To compliment health services delivery by the government.
- To provide quality health services to all people irrespective of their religious, tribal colour, sex or political differences.
- To provide quality services at cheap prices since the local population is very poor.
Since 21st January 1985 it has been run and managed by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of MaryReparatrix- Ggogonya. It was first headed by Sr. M. Catherine Nabagulanyi as the Matron. The current Matron is Sr. M. Harriet Christine Nabatanzi assisted by Sr. M.Teddy Nakiyana and a staff of twelve different personels in the area of medics plus 7 members of the support staff.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND HEALTH SERVICES OFFERED.
- Buyoga- health centre has the following departments of service;
- Children’s ward,
- Adults’(female and male)wards,
- Out-patients section,
The Health center offers preventive, curative and promotiven health services. It also has laboratory services for proper diagnosis of medical cases, immunization programme, nutrition and growth monitoring (of children), day to day treatment of common illness like malaria, pneumonia etc, HIV/AIDS, antenatal care maternity and cancer cervical screening.
It offers in-patient services where severe cases are admitted for proper management. In addition, we have community-based health care (CBHC) and outreaches in seven centers and schools. However complicated cases are referred to nearby hospitals for advanced management.
- We hope to equip the wards and outpatient department with solar to cut the prices of electricity, provide light and overcome the wastage problem of some drugs.
- Given funds we would wish renovation of all buildings present and also construct an ART clinic and completing the Doctors residence.
- There is need to Fence off the whole health facility for proper security purposes.
- There is a need to construct a theatre to expand the services and bring it nearer to the people as they are referred to other health facilities which are far from the community.
- We wish to provide other services like ultra sound scan especially to pregnant mothers, x-ray service and other laboratory investigations.
- We are looking forward to attaining a health Centre IV, one of its kind in the neighborhood of Kibinge sub- county and a not for profit making in our district of Bukomansimbi.
P. o. Box 1264 Masaka.