St. James Buuzabalyawo Ggoli Health Centre is of grade three health facility, private, not for profit and a non-governmental unit. It was founded in 1985 by Rev. Fr. Joseph Lubega who was the then parish priest of Ggoli parish and the intention was to offer medical care to the rural population. It is owned by the Registered Trustees of Kampala Archdiocese and being run by the Institute of the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogognya. The pioneer Matron is Sr. Maria Immaculate Nabuuma. The health center is under the umbrella of Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau and the management is guided by the Spirit of stewardship, shared responsibility, transparency and accountability.
Ggoli Health Centre is located in Ggoli-Sseeta Village, Kammengo Sub-county, Mawokota North County, Mpigi District, and in Kampala Archdiocese. It is 45 kilometers from Kampala Capital City, along Kampala – Masaka highway.
“Imitation of Christ and His deeds in promoting life to the full and to heal”.
Provide health care services to all people of God irrespective to their religion, tribe, color, sex or political difference.
- To provide curative and integrated preventive health services.
- To provide and promote accessibility of health care services to all the people of God.
- To contribute to the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidly and mortality rate.
- To implement policies of the Ministry of Health, local Government and other relevant bodies.
CURRENT HEALTH UNIT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE:
The Unit has a Health Unit Management Committee nominated by the Parish Priest who submits these names to the Parish Council for approval and then, the approved names are forwarded to the Diocesan Health Coordinator for appointments. The Health Unit is the supreme policy making, governing and controlling organ for the internal and external actions of the unit.
The Health Unit Management Committee is divided into sub-committees that is the Finance and development committees.
- The Unit works 24 hours and services offered include the following:
- Outpatient and Inpatient services
- Laboratory services
- Maternal Health Care services (Antenatal and Post natal Care services)
- Childhood Health Care services (Immunization services)
- Dental services
- Ultra Sound Scan services to pregnant mothers only
1. Out patients department includes:
- General Patients’ department
- Dental clinic
- Antenatal clinic
- Immunization clinic
2. Supportive services include:
- Laboratory services
- Ultra Sound Scan services
3. In-patients’ department includes:
- Children’s ward
- Female ward
- Male ward
- Maternity ward
4. Other departments
- Pharmacy department
- We hope to upgrade the laboratory department and add more investigations
- There is need to buy inpatients’ lockers
- There is a need to buy more tanks and harvest more rain water
- We hope to renovate Out Patient Department veranda
- We hope to renovate the incinerator
- We hope to modify the canteen
- We wish to start the piggery project
St. James Buzaabalyawo Ggoli Health Centre
P.O Box +256 772 425297 / +256 702 425297
Reported by Sr. Maria Proscovia Nassejje
Edited by Sr. Juliet Musoke