RUTH GAYLORD HEALTH CENTRE
This hospital was officially opened by Archbishop Dr. Cyprian Kizito Lwanga on 21st March 2013. It was founded by Hope Medical Clinics Uganda, a private not for profit [PNFP] organization steered by Rev. Fr. Dennis Dease in St. Paul, Minnesota – USA and Mr. Charles Lugemwa. Fr. Dennis and Mr. Lugemwa raised money through friends in the United States of America to fund the project. This hospital is named after Ruth Gaylord who is a retired music teacher in Minnesota, in honour of her service to the people of God.
The hospital is run by the Institute of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix – Ggogonya. The first sisters to work in this hospital were; Sr. Proscovia Nasejje as the administrator, Sr. Denis Bulya Nankya – Senior Nursing Officer and Sr. Immaculate Namujju – Cashier.
It is located on Bombo Road 6 kilo meters from Kampala city, Maganjo village in Nabweru sub- county, Kyadondo North county, WakisoDistrict
MISSION: To build community based self sustaining health facilities that are professionally run.
VISION: To provide affordable professional medical services to the people in need.
OBJECTIVES FOR STARTING THE HEALTH CENTRE
- To provide curative and integrated preventive health services
- To provide and promote accessibility of health care service to all the people of God.
- To carry out formal training, educational and training programs of hospital personnel with emphasis on in- service training.
- To improve policies of ministry of Health local Government Hope medical clinics organization and other relevant bodies
- To uplift the health services standards in the area through training and collaboration with the united states universities,
- To provide a center where some students from the United States of America can conduct medical research program in Uganda and in East Africa.
- Outpatients department
- General patients department
- Dental department
- Antenatal care clinic
- Immunization clinic
- General ward/maternity ward
- Children’s ward
- Private rooms
- Pharmarcy department
- Theatres will be opened soon
SUPPORTIVE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Laboratory service.
- Ultra sound scan services,
N.B: Total number of patients recorded monthly in the out-patient department is between 500-800
- We have increased the number of our staffs from 22 to 30 and we now fully operate 24 hours with three staffs in the night, clinical officer, laboratory assistant and a midwife
- This has increased the number of patients in the night
- The installation of solar panels has reduced the cost of electricity and stabilized the power supply.
- We have fully automated most of our transactions with medical audit and are in the process of automating the remaining service points.
- There has been remarkable increase in the hospital revenue attributed to various factors.
- There have been promotional services which has increased the community awareness about our service.
- There is hope to increase space with the construction of the new building
- To get theatre facilities.
- Expand laboratory service
- Increase the number of service providers to reduce on waiting time
- Start provision of art and EMTCT service
- Start TB screening and treatment
- Start outreach programme in the nearby communities
- To maintain a high standard of service delivery
- To strengthen revenue centers
- To increase income sources
- To ensure patient satisfaction
- To maintain a motivated working team and reduce staff turn over
RUTHGAY LORD HOSPITAL- MAGANJO
P.O BOX 6541 KAMPALA
Tel: +256 701 791 373
Compiled by Sr. M. Theopista Nakalembe
Edited by Sr. M. Juliet Musoke