The Sisters of IHMR Postulancy has existed since the foundation of the Institute. For many years it has been loacted at the Motherhouse in Kisubi until recently.
In 2011, The Diocese of Masaka through the current Parish Priest of Kyansi-Fr.BonefanceKayabula requested the General Council of the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogonya to come and work at Kyansi Parish. His prayer and request was graced and in 2012 on 8th February 2012 on Wednesday at 4.45pm, Sister Mary Lydia Nabukenya and Sr. M. Proscovia Nalyanzi with a group of 16 Postulants arrived at Kyansi Parish in a very warm welcome. A few months later Sr. M. Constatino Namakula Nabunnya (Jajja) joined them.
They started with twelve postulants but numbers kept changing with time. After a period of eleven years, the postulants relocated to a permanent home.
LOCATION OF THE POSTULANCY:
On 5th February 2023, a newly constructed Postulancy at Ssunga Luvule Parish in Masaka Diocese was opened and blessed by His Lordship Bishop Serverus Jjumba, Bishop of Masaka Diocese. This beautiful and serene hoe which can accommodate 30 candidates has 12 Postulants and their formators at the moment.
- To see that we all help one another to be Holy or to build God’s kingdom through Reparation and doing God’s will
- To see that the candidates get holistic formation: i.e. one learns how to get closer to God in prayer, discern their vocation, work, be creative, live with others, and grow their love for the institute.
- To have a separate and independent postulant house of formation
- To have a sustainable project e.g. piggery and poultry.
- To construct a worker’s house at Kasswa where we do our plantations for easy management
- Joy and the social relationship has increased
Pastoral visits have been done in many sub-parishes
Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix Ggogonya Postulancy
P. O. Box 1606 Masaka
May God continues to manifest His deeds to us and we pray that through the late Louis Joseph Cabana we shall see God’s will manifested in this area.