The history of this school reign far back in 1987 when the first group of our Institute – Gogogonya Sisters (St. Kizito youth Farm) set up a farm in Kyankwanzi area specifically to rear animals for our self- sustainability and for helping people develop the skills of the modern way of farming.
By that time, people were very few in that area but as time went on, the population grew, and the children became many but without the valued basic needs of the wellbeing of the people in the area which included; Education, Heath, Pastoral, political and social welfare. Since they (sisters) had the land, they thought of doing something to uplift the standards and conditions of living of the people of that area, however, they did not have money to start with.
In 2008, the Sisters begun to build a primary school by the help of Rev. Fr. John Bosco a German who had come as a visitor through Rev. Fr. Henry Sserwaniko. It was a three classroom block and this marked the beginning of the school in this area and later on 4 classes were constructed with the help of Stitching Porticus.
LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL:
The school is located approximately 93 miles along Kampala- Hoima road, 70 Miles from Kampala – Kiboga the nearest town and 90 miles from Kampala to Kyenda -the nearest trading center then from Kyenda trading center is 3 miles to the school.
VISION OF THE SCHOOL: “TO PRODUCE ALL- ROUND, GOD FEARING CITIZENS FOR CIVILIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT”
MISSION OF THE SCHOOL: “TO PROVIDE QUALITY EDUCATION AND GOD FEARING CITIZENS WITH LEADERSHIP AND SELF-RELIANT SKILLS”.
MOTTO OF THE SCHOOL: “WITH FAITH AND LOVE WE STRUGGLE FOR THE FUTURE”.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL:
- To fight against illiteracy by offering quality education thus uplifting the educational standards of the people in the area and helping them have a successful future.
- To offer education to the less advantaged children and orphans most especially the girl children who are forced into marriages at premature age and the boy children who are ever found in the bush rearing animals when still very young (from about 4 years of age)
- To bring up God fearing and responsible children
- To instill leadership skills to the children
- To help children with self-reliant skills.
- To minimize the long distances which children have to walk to the schools.
- To create job opportunities for the people
The school is being administered by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix- Ggogonya. The administrator in place now is Sr. Mary Fortunate Nakitto. The advisory committee includes the Council Members and the sisters of its Mother Convent at ranch No.6, and the Mother Genaral the Chairperson of this advisory committee. We also have the teaching and support staff.
- A three four classroom blocks were constructed
- A 12 stances toilet was constructed
- Some water tanks were purchased and installed
- Setting up some crop gardens
- Improvising for the staff quarters (Huts)
- We purchased some text books
- We purchased some desks
- We purchased some beds
- We purchased some needs for the kitchen
- Feeding the children
- We hope to construct an administration block
- We hope to increase on the dormitories
- We hope to construct more staff quarters
- We hope to increase on the number of staff quarters
- We hope to put up kitchen and dining hall
- We hope to put up structures for a nursery section
- We hope to build a perimeter wall
- Given funds we will purchase Two cars (one for school , another for staff)
- We hope to work on power (Electrical installation/solar system)
- We need to set up a health center
- We hope to complete the sisters covenant and some other classroom blocks
Uganda Martyrs’ Primary School- Kyankwanzi
P.O. Box 40, KIBOGA – Uganda
Tel +256 772 975109