St. John Bosco Katende P/S is a mixed Day and Boarding Catholic Founded Primary School established in 1907 by the White Fathers. These were three schools namely; St. Theresa Girls P/s, St. Joseph Boys P/s, and St. John Bosco Junior School, which were incorporated into one school the present St. John Bosco P/s. In 1997 the administration was handed over to the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix. The present head teacher Sr. M. Maxensia Babirye is the first sister to head it. The staff comprises of lay and religious teachers (Rev. Sisters and Brothers of St. Charles Kiteredde). It is now under the judicial of Kampala Archdiocese.
It is located along Masaka road 18 miles from Kampala the capital city. It is found in Mpigi District, Mawokota County, Kiringente sub-county and Katende village.
VISION: To produce God fearing and self-reliant child.
MISSION: To equip children with knowledge, skills and values to fit in the society.
MOTTO: “Vince in Bonum Malum” Conquer evil by good.
- Improve on reading, numeracy and writing skills of the pupils.
- Ensure that morality and discipline are observed.
- Ensure academic excellence in the school.
- Ensure good health of the pupils.
- Develop leadership skills in the learners.
- Promoting pupils talents.
- Helping pupils to grow in the spirit of loving and trusting God.
The school enrolls 1668 pupils, 43 teachers and 18 support staff members. The school follows the national curriculum designed by the Ministry of Education. Subject taught include; English, Science, Mathematics, SST, Literacy, Home economics, art & craft, music, entrepreneurship, Luganda and Computer Studies.
The school actively teaches co-curricular activities to the pupils, among the activities we have games, sports, music dance drama and gardening.
We have Scouts and Girl Guides, music, dance and drama (MDD) and Xaverians Associations which actively participate in National camps organized by the Kampala Archdiocese or the Ministry of Education and Sports.
The infant choir (P1-P4) participated in the 2014 Kampala Archdiocese Primary School music festival competition (MDD) and emerged the winner. This was the sixth year of taking the 1st position since our infant choir started participating in the Mitala-Maria Vicariate church MDD competitions. In the pictures you see some of these joyous moments.
- Buying land for the school to cultivate food for the children and staff.
- Constructing 4 classrooms.
- Constructing flashing toilets for pupils and teachers.
- Fencing the Infant section.
- Constructing staff quarters.
- Installation of solar system in the dormitories.
St. John Bosco Katende P/s
P. O. Box 29 Mpigi
Uganda E. Africa
Tel +256 772410546