St. Bruno Sserunkuuma Senior Secondary school- Ggoli was opened to the first batch of its students on 18th June 1986. It was founded by Immaculate Heart of Mary – Ggoli parish, under the regulation and supervision of the education office of Kampala Archdiocese. It is a private school with both Ordinary level that is from senior one to senior four and Advanced levels that is senior five and six.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FOUNDERS:
- To provide education to secondary school going children within the parish and other localities.
- To reduce the level of illiteracy among the people in the area.
- To provide affordable secondary education to the school going children in the area.
LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL:
The school is located in Kammengo sub-county about 30kms along Kampala-Masaka road. It is in Ggoli Seeta LC 1. One branches off from Kammengo trading centre and the school is about a kilometer off Masaka road.
Sr. Proscovia Namuyaba who belongs to the sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix- Ggogonya, is the head teacher of the school from 2012 to date. Currently there are two religious sisters working in the school the other one being Sr. M. Emily Regina Nantongo together with a staff of 39 teachers and 13 members of the non- teaching staff
- In future given the necessary funds and assistance we hope to:
- Raise staff salaries
- Uplift the academic standards
- Improve on the students’ welfare.
- Acquire lithography for better results in exams.
- Equip the school library.
- Establish a school farm (dairy and poultry)
- Buy more computer
- To raise the students enrollment.
- To acquire a school van.
- To construct staff quarters within the school vicinity.
- To fence the girls wing and the school at large
- To face lift the school.
- To construct a modern laboratory.
- To construct the boy’s dormitory, the one in place would then serve as a classroom.
- Completion of the girls’ toilet.
- We have managed to acquire water tanks.
- Received some computers from well wishers
- Students’ results have greatly improved.
- We started up a piggery farm.
- A banana plantation is now yielding fruits (matooke).
St. Bruno Secondary School Ggoli
P.O. Box 69 Mpigi
Tel +256 703 808 876
Compiled by Sr. M. Proscovia Namuyaba
and edited by Sr.M. Juliet Musoke