THE HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:
Sacred Heart Jinja-Karoli Primary school was founded far back in 1918. It was established in response to the need of Educating young children within the locality especially teaching them the reading, writing and writhmetic. The main objective was to help them read the Bible.
In 1962, a Catholic Priest the Late Pere Leranger Eugen (locally Known and Pere-Lanze) a member of the Missionaries of Africa made it a full primary school.
It is both a day and boarding school that caters for all children, needy children and those with special needs inclusive. It admits all children regardless of sex, tribe or religion.
To improve on the academic performance of our learners putting in place reading and learning aids.
It is situated in Wakiso-District, Nabweru sub-county about 6 miles from Kampala city on Kampala Bombo Road.
SCHOOL MISSION: To provide an all-round child i.e. God Loving, knowledgeable, skillful and virtuous child.
SCHOOL VISION: To produce a self- reliant child
SCHOOL MOTTO: Hard work pays
We are still reconstructing the structure to see that it fits the present age. The number keeps enlarging daily. Currently there are 184 pupils in the nursery section and 861 in the primary section with 26 teaching staff and 8 support staff.
- Help learners and teachers to become computer literate.
- Have children seat comfortably in class by buying more desks
- Have cupboard in classrooms.
- Construct staff quarters
- Get more tanks for harvesting rain water.
- Improve on the security of learners and staff by constructing a strong perimeter wall to enclose the school premises.
- Improve the academic performance by stressing the reading and writing skills.
- Improve on the school environment to help children with special needs disabilities have easy access to all school facilities
- Have a modern energy saving kitchen.
- Construct modern toilets/ latrines
- Sensitize parents to help their children have meals at school, buy school uniform, exercise books and other learning materials.
Sacred Heart Jinja Karooli Primary school
P.O Box …
Complied by: Sr. Maria Peragia Nanteza
Edited by Sr. Juliet Nakabuye Musoke