THE HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE SCHOOL:
The school was founded by the Roman Catholic Church. It started as a sub-Grade in 1930 under the supervision and guidance of the then parish priest of Busuubizi Parish, Rev. Fr. Pere Verpoteri. The first teacher was Mr Yozefu Lugoloobi with twenty boys who were taught Religious education, Reading, writing and Arithmetic. In 1941 it became a government aided school with three classes. By that time girls were not sent to school because they could not become leaders. However around 1959 girls were admitted in the school and until today it has remained a mixed school. St Luka Baanabakintu Kakindu P/S changed the headship from lay people to religious in the Institute of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogonya in 1993 and it has remained in the management of Sisters to date. The pioneer sister to head the school was Sr. Maria Teopista followed by Sr. M Annet Concepta Nazziwas among others.
LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL:
It is found 51 Kilo meters away from Kampala, the capital city. Located in Kakindu sub-county, Busujju county Mityana -District. One branches off from Zigoti-Kampala Mityana High way and take Zigoti-Kibibi road to Kakindu town. Then a few meters on left hand side, is where St.Luke Bannabakintu Mwera-Kakindu Primary School is found.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL:
- To improve and maintain the good standard of education and health conditions at school;
- To ensure that every child is given enough attention to learn well.
- To provide a fully developed child who is physically and academically fit.
- To produce good citizens who are God-fearing.
The School presently is under the careship of Sr. M. Caroline Naluwembe as the Headmistress assisted by a staff of eighteen teachers and five members of support staff.
THE SCHOOL MOTTO: “NO PAIN NO GAIN”
THE SCHOOL MISSION: To provide quality education to all children in the school
- The school has tried to improve the academic performance
- The school has a very good historical background
- The school has a been renovated
- The school authority ensures that all pupils have something to eat during lunch time
- Uplifting the standard of the school by cooperating with the teacher to do the best to produce an integrated developed child.
- To improve on the boarding section and the solar system
- Try to fence the school and build a perimeter wall to control the intruders and escapism of learners from school before time.
- To renovate the school piggery
- The school participated in the girl child football on women’s day at the district level and we emerged the second among the many senior champion schools which participated.
- The school participated in the education week for schools within Mwera Parish. This event is organized by the education office of Kiyinda-Mityana Diocese and it helps pupils to build their talent through singing, dance and drama and also to be exposed to other talents from other participating schools.
- We are to celebrate the feast day of the school Patron Saint, St. Luka Bannabakintu, in third term. The date is not set yet but the celebration will begin with a one day recollection for the pupils and teachers.
ST LUKA BAANABAKINTU
P.O BOX 364