St. Kizito Health Center is a non- Profit unit owned by the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogonya. It is a facility sitting on approximately 1.5 acres of land together with a Convent for the sisters. The health Unit was started in 2006 by Rev.Fr. Daniel Musiitwa a Diocesan priest of Kampala Archdiocese together with some German friends led by Mr. Johannes Jung. Later on, in November 2013, Fr. Daniel and the German friends donated the facility to the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix-Ggogonya, and the Sisters right away started operating the facility. Many Thanks to Mr. Johannes Jung, all our German friends, and to Fr. Daniel for this Great Spirit of charity.
St.Kizito health Unit Kijjabijjo is located in Kijabijjo along Gayaza-Kalagi High way in Gayaza- Kimmanya Parish, Kira sub- parish County, Kyadondo County -Wakiso District in Kampala Arch- Diocese.
- The main objective for starting this health facility by the founders was to extend health services to the people in the area.
- Secondly to provide preventive and curative services without discrimination through offering Community based education to the people living in the villages around
- The health center basically has in-patient and out-patient departments.
- It offers maternity services too, but it still needs to construct a well-furnished maternity
- It also has laboratory services
The facility is administered by Sr. M. Margret Naluwugge the Matron, assisted by Sr. M. Annunciata Nakiganda. There is other three personnel helping in the pharmacy, laboratory, mid-wifely, and comprehensive nursing. The turn-up of patients is good and sisters make more by forming out-reaches in the villages to treat patients who fail to come to the health center for treatment.
There are some other sisters in the community of Kijabijo convent. These are engaged in other activities like; Sr. M.Gorreti Namutebi lecturing at Kyambogo University, Sr. M. Harriet Nampijja in sick leave, and Sr. M. Nambuusi on Sabbatical leave.
- We would wish to renovate the entire health facility given funds
- Given the availability of funds, we would wish to stock our pharmacy with more medicines
- We need to carry on constructions especially for the maternity ward
- We plan to secure more land for extension of future services like a children ward
- We need to complete a Doctor’s room and staff quarters
- We hope to start a livestock project given the resources
- There is a need to buy a vehicle (An ambulance) to transport patients in cases of referral
The facility recently secured a water reservoir and is now in the process of plumbing
The convent was completed and plumbing in the house will kick off soon
St.Kizito Kijjabijjo Health Unit
Tel +256 782 331227