This hospital was officially opened by Archbishop Dr. Cyprian Kizito Lwanga on 21st March 2013. It was founded by Hope Medical Clinics Uganda, a private not-for-profit [PNFP] organization steered by Rev. Fr. Dennis Dease in St. Paul, Minnesota – USA, and Mr. Charles Lugemwa. Fr. Dennis and Mr. Lugemwa raised money through friends in the United States of America to fund the project. This hospital is named after Ruth Gaylord who is a retired music teacher in Minnesota, in honor of her service to the people of God.
The hospital is run by the Institute of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix – Ggogonya. The first sisters to work in this hospital were; Sr. Proscovia Nasejje as the administrator, Sr. Denis Bulya Nankya – Senior Nursing Officer, and Sr. Immaculate Namujju – Cashier.
It is located on Bombo Road 6 kilometers from Kampala city, Maganjo village in Nabweru sub-county, Kyadondo North county, WakisoDistrict
MISSION: To build community-based self-sustaining health facilities that are professionally run.
VISION: To provide affordable professional medical services to people in need.
OBJECTIVES FOR STARTING THE HEALTH CENTRE
- To provide curative and integrated preventive health services
- To provide and promote accessibility of health care service to all the people of God.
- To carry out formal training, educational, and training programs of hospital personnel with emphasis on in-service training.
- To improve policies of ministry of Health local Government Hope medical clinics organization and other relevant bodies
- To uplift the health services standards in the area through training and collaboration with the universities of the united states,
- To provide a center where some students from the United States of America can conduct medical research programs in Uganda and in East Africa.
- Outpatients department
- General patients department
- Dental department
- Antenatal care clinic
- Immunization clinic
- General ward/maternity ward
- Children’s ward
- Private rooms
- Pharmacy department
- Theatres will be opened soon
SUPPORTIVE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Laboratory service.
- Ultrasound scan services,
N.B: Total number of patients recorded monthly in the out-patient department is between 500-800
- We have increased the number of our staffs from 22 to 30 and we now fully operate 24 hours with three staff in the night, clinical officer, laboratory assistant, and a midwife
- This has increased the number of patients in the night
- The installation of solar panels has reduced the cost of electricity and stabilized the power supply.
- We have fully automated most of our transactions with medical audits and are in the process of automating the remaining service points.
- There has been a remarkable increase in hospital revenue attributed to various factors.
- There have been promotional services that have increased the community awareness about our service.
- There is hope to increase space with the construction of the new building
- To get theatre facilities.
- Expand laboratory service
- Increase the number of service providers to reduce waiting time
- Start provision of art and EMTCT service
- Start TB screening and treatment
- Start outreach programs in the nearby communities
- To maintain a high standard of service delivery
- To strengthen revenue centers
- To increase income sources
- To ensure patient satisfaction
- To maintain a motivated working team and reduce staff turnover
RUTHGAY LORD HOSPITAL- MAGANJO
P.O BOX 6541 KAMPALA
Tel: +256 701 791 373