Archbishop Joseph Kiwanuka Mayirye Health center is a private (not for profit organization which was started as a simple dispensary in 1983 in Kiyinda Mityana Diocese. The Health center is administered by the sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix (IHMR) Ggogonya. The pioneer sisters were the late Sr. M. Ludovico, late Sr. Ann Lucy, and Sr. Angela Namutebi. They are appreciated for their great work in founding this health center.
- It was created to make health services accessible to be people in the area who were unable to reach other health premises that were relatively far from their places of residence.
- Because of the established schools around the area, the unit was started to offer service to the schools.
- Originally the unit was providing only out-patient service but later the Maternity Unit, laboratory Unit, and in-patient service were introduced.
Mayirye Health Centre is found in the Kakindu sub-county, Busujju county Mityana-District. One branches off from Zigoti, Kampala Mityana road then takes Zigoti-Kibibi road. Reaching Kakindu town, one turns right to Ngugulo road then right behind Bethany High school, is where St. Joseph’s Mwera Health center is located.
The Health Center is currently administered by Sr. Maria Gorret Nabunnya the matron and a clinical officer, assisted by Sr. M. Crispine Namayanja, Sr. M. Rose Nabawanda is the Laboratory assistant, and Sr. Maria Goretti Nambalirwa the Cashier. All staff members are residents at the health center premises.
To provide a wide range of services to patients and pregnant women
To promote health by implementing the minimum heath care package
HEALTH SERVICE RENDERED:
The health center has the following departments
- out patients
- Antenatal care
- Laboratory service
- Natural family planning services
- We hope to equip the wards and outpatient department with solar to cut the prices of electricity. This solar will provide light constant light to our in-patients and will also improve on the quality storage of some drugs.
- Given funds, we would wish to renovate all buildings present and also construct an ART clinic and establish the Doctor’s residence.
- There is a need to Fence off the whole health facility for proper security purposes.
- There is a need to construct a theatre to expand the services and bring it nearer to the people as they are referred to Ggombe and Mityana hospitals which are very far from the community
Archbishop Kiwanuka Health Center – Mayirye